Re: Octave on Yosemite

From: ailevin
Subject: Re: Octave on Yosemite
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 15:21:55 -0800 (PST)

I am also struggling with 3.8.2_1 under Yosemite. In addition to the segment
fault on exit, I also crash and get the following message if I incorrectly
index or have other run time errors in functions or oct files:

    "libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type
octave_execution_exception"

Octave seems fully functional otherwise with no trouble compiling and
linking oct files.

Port and Build Story

I built octave using MacPorts: "sudo port octave +atlas+docs". It is the
first port after a complete uninstall, clean, and selfupdate. The install
halted during install of atlas with error:
    "org.macports.configure for port atlas returned: Atlas could not detect
any fortran compiler."
So "sudo port install gcc48" and the did the octave port again. This time I
was fine until it got to a circular list of dependencies. I installed
ghostscript with its dependencies and once again did the octave +atlas+docs
install.

I have Xcode cli installed:
    "~ % pkgutil --pkg-info=com.apple.pkg.CLTools_Executables
     package-id: com.apple.pkg.CLTools_Executables
     version: 6.1.0.0.1.1413057044"

Can anyone give me some guidance on what might need to be reinstalled or
recompiled and what switches need to be set so these uncaught exceptions get
properly serviced?

Thanks,
Alan