RE: MXE-Octave & release candidates

From: John D
Subject: RE: MXE-Octave & release candidates
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 12:19:31 -0500

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 12:31:35 -0800 (PST)
From: PhilipNienhuis <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Nienhuis [mailto:address@hidden

> John Donoghue wrote:
>>
>>> Message: 8
>>> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 13:19:44 -0800 (PST)
>>> From: PhilipNienhuis&lt;

> pr.nienhuis@

> &gt;
>
> Did you push the changes?
>
> If so I'll pull and give it a try tonight.
>
> Usually with updates of dependencies I have to carefully clean up the
> MXE-tree - starting over from scratch is a very time-consuming affair.
> Especially for small packages this gets out of balance - like 4 hrs
> building of a complete mxe-octave where the updated package in
> question builds within a minute.
> Luckily llvm didn't get compiled at all here yet, so that will be no
> problem. With gnuplot it may be different.
>
> Philip
> ---
>
> I pushed yesterday.
>
> Gnuplot is a standalone application so should be quick to build it.

(cross-building right now)
Not only gnuplot: I see build-m4, build-autoconf, build-automake, lapack,
arpack, gettext, gnutils, libidn, curl, gl2ps, gnuplot.... (llvm yet to
come) - I'm sure I pulled & updated maybe three days ago or so.

Perusing the log I see that you pushed a cset so that gl2ps.dll gets
properly included in natively mxe-octave built installers.
Just to let you know that with my cross-builds gl2ps.dll didn't get included
either. I think I reported that a few day ago.

Philip

---

Since my email  Michael  G has updated a number of packages mainly for msvc
compatibility.

I saw the same thing with the gl2ps.dll in cross build and fixed it also in
the same change set.
http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/fbf8f71bf1e6