Re: Web page and new logo

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Web page and new logo
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 09:13:13 -0600

On 9 February 2011 03:41, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

> So unless things change significantly in the future, I don't think
> we'll be funding Octave development solely by donations any time
> soon.

What we need is corporate funding... R has people like Saxo Bank,
AT&T, Merck and Google providing funding. Octave should have people
like the IEEE (they suddenly love free software!), SIAM (Gene Golub
funds Octave! haha), or Qualcomm, Intel, and other chip manufacturers
who could use it for signal processing.

Okay, seriously, I'm sure at least some of those organisations could
be interested.

- Jordi G. H.