Re: Octave fails to build on 64-bit OSX w/ FLTK

From: Jarno Rajahalme
Subject: Re: Octave fails to build on 64-bit OSX w/ FLTK
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 08:23:12 +0200

On Feb 3, 2011, at 16:42 , ext Ben Abbott wrote:
> Using the flag, I built a 32bit Octave on MacOS 10.6.6 and encountered no
> problems.
>
> I've asked Richard about his 64bit build. He did not use this flag, and did
> not include FLTK, but did use clang instead of gcc. I'll wait for his input
> before making any changes.
>
> Regarding D__LISTS__, is this not needed for Snow Leopard?

According to comments in Lists.h, the services it relates should not be used
after OSX 10.4. However, the file is in the system includes, and gets included
also in Snow Leopard (10.6). -D__LISTS__ is needed to avoid the name collision
between the typedef Cell in Lists.h and Octave's Cell class. This collision
becomes visible only when FLTK is used. There is no harm having the __LISTS__
defined even when FLTK is not used. However, I would not define it on other
systems than OSX, as this symbol might have different uses on other systems.

Regards,

  Jarno