Re: Debbugs bug tracker for Octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Debbugs bug tracker for Octave
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:48:30 +0200

Thomas Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Don Armstrong has agreed to us using the Emacs test[1] tracker. I attach
> a not too short introduction as text, an HTML version is available
> online at http://tw-math.de/~weber/using-debbugs.html.
>
> "Using" here means testing. If we decide to continue with debbugs, we'll
> need to host an instance of it somewhere else.
>
> [1] I don't know how much of a test tracker this still is or if the
> Emacs guys have already settled on a decision.
>
>       Thomas

These things work by the desire of people to actually use it. I think we
have to try and make an effort to place all new bugs in the system so
that this works, perhaps redirecting address@hidden to debbugs.

One concern I have though is wiki spam. See for example

http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=304

If we use address@hidden as the gateway address it will be filtered,
which seems to me to be a good thing.

D.