Re: Use Octave's interpreter in my C++ program...

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Use Octave's interpreter in my C++ program...
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:55:15 -0400

On May 23, 2008, at 10:44 AM, David Bateman wrote:

As with the MEX interface, we could make the functions act like the
Matlab Engine counterparts.
Is the Matlab Engine your code or is it something more generic? If its
generic then it makes sense to try and have a class that performs with
Octave with the same API such that application written for one interface
can use the other.

D.

So the Matlab Engine is a core Matlab functionality. It is *not* a class, but a collection of functions. You can see the API at http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f29148.html&http://www.google.com/search ?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=Matlab+Engine&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8.

Since people have already implemented a bunch/all of the mxArray functions, it might make sense to add these engine functions. As you can see in the class I wrote, implementing the functions listed in the URL I included will be trivial; simply converting my class into a non-class with the same functionality and the function names that match the Matlab Engine function. However, if we do so, is there a way to ensure that they are only used when it is compiled with the mkoctfile --link-stand-alone option?

John Swensen