Re: [OctDev] Need for JHandles/Linux tester

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Need for JHandles/Linux tester
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:58:22 +0200

Michael Goffioul schrieb:
In the meantime, I found this link
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2005/tn2147.html#TNTAG31
which states that starting JVM from native code (as is done by my java package) should be done in a separate thread if the java code will use AWT/Swing event
queue. This might explain the problems encountered. Does anybody feel
lucky enough to give it a try and implement it in the java package to see if
it behaves better? (I don't have MacOSX, it would be difficult for me...)

Michael.

Michael I know, I didn't answer this email but at the moment we have the very big need for a gnuplot.app (cf. the other thread about Octave-forge news). We do what we can but I think it has to wait (so don't wait for us).

We would also appreciate if other Mac users could have a look at this problem.

  Thomas