Re: [OctDev] Need for JHandles/Linux tester

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Need for JHandles/Linux tester
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 23:41:03 +0200

On 7/7/07, Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> wrote:
> f = java_new('java.awt.Frame');
> f.setSize(300,300);
> f.show(); % this shows the window
> sleep(10);
> f.dispose(); % this closes the window

Okay, I got this script to work, except that f.dispose() doesn't close
the window.  Suggestions?

Does the call hang? If not, then it might be that "dispose" does not
destroy the window if it's shown (although this is what I would expect,
when I read the documentation; and it works OK under Windows and
Linux). If this is true, then it's a minor thing.

In order to debug the problem I restructured your initialize_jvm code
so that the errors about things not being found gave details of where
it was looking (see attached).

I'll look at it.

Note that I couldn't get __java__ to work in the architecture specific
directory, so I left it beside the jar files.  I call
initial_java_dir(true) because of this change.

Why doesn't it work? Can you be a little bit more explicit?

Michael.