oath-toolkit-help

Re: [OATH-toolkit-help] Donation of 5 Feitian C200 tokens

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [OATH-toolkit-help] Donation of 5 Feitian C200 tokens
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 01:13:27 +0100

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Le jeudi 20 janvier 2011 à 23:10 +0100, Simon Josefsson a écrit :
>>> there was a ~10 minute time different in the devices
>>> compared to my NTP-synchronized computer time.  I have only tested
>>> them
>>> by generating OTPs using oathtool and comparing them with output from
>>> the tokens, more testing will follow later.
>>
>> I doubt this can be as much. There is probably a problem in the oathtool
>> algorithm.
>
> I'll double check this!  I only generated a few hours worth of TOTPs to
> search through them to compare with output I got from the C200, and I
> could have made some error.

I am testing this now, and it is only 18 seconds wrong.  I pressed enter
exactly when the token changed display into 707822 and I got:

address@hidden:~$ oathtool --totp DEADBEEF --time-step-size=60 -v
Hex secret: DEADBEEF
Digits: 6
Window size: 0
Step size (seconds): 60
Start time: 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC (0)
Time now: 2011-01-23 00:11:18 UTC (1295741478)
Counter: 0x149862B (21595691)

707822
address@hidden:~$

I have no idea where I got 10 minutes above from, I probably made an
error in the script that generate all the TOTPs that I compared with.

So everything works fine.

/Simon