nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql +sshd

From: Andreas J. Guelzow
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql +sshd
Date: 21 Feb 2004 20:12:04 -0700

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 18:41, Phillip Cockrell wrote:
> I think this is PAM related, I have nss-mysql working locally, but it
> doesn't even attempt to work with SSHD. When I try to use pam_mysql

Hi Phillip,

if you use nss-mysql, you should not need pam_mysql. I assume you are
using pam, so nss-mysql is used as part of pam_unix.so.

You should check what is in your /etc/pam.d/ssh file and how it differs
from the /etc/pam.d/login file. The latter is used for your regular
logins (check /etc/pam.d/gdm for gdm logins) and the former for ssh.
They should be virtually identical.

Andreas