Question re mh -e

From: aalinovi
Subject: Question re mh -e
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 20:00:35 -0400

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask a question about mh -e.
If not,  please point me in the right direction.

slaurel:~$ flists
bulwark  has 5 in sequence unseen; out of  7
dorf     has 2 in sequence unseen; out of  3
jstor    has 1 in sequence unseen; out of  1
wapo     has 3 in sequence unseen; out of 24

My question quite simply is why in mh -e does flists inform me that
there are 0 matches in 0 folders?

What I want is to be able to enter a command in mh -e which will show me
all unread messages in all folders. As it is now I have to enter each
folder individually.

I would like to use mh -e and be able to stay in emacs as much as
possible but using nmh in a terminal just seems so much easier.

What am I missing?

Thanks