Re: [Nmh-workers] possible problem with mhfixmsg in nmh-1.7

From: Steven Winikoff
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] possible problem with mhfixmsg in nmh-1.7
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 19:29:17 -0500

>>   - I've been using mh for decades (literally!), so I no longer remember
>>     why I originally chose to configure using --with-hash-backup.
>
>This is now fixed on the master branch, if Ken or David are happy then
>it can get cherry-picked across to branch 1.7-release.
>http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/nmh.git/commit/?id=47b86722957cca6057bf5fcd07c9d1f01b4516f8

That was fast. :-)

It turns out there are two more such failures in test-mhfixmsg, which I
didn't see yesterday because I wasn't getting that far.  (Yes, this is
intended to imply that your suggested fix of pwd -P worked perfectly.):

   diff: /big/local/pkg/nmh/nmh-1.7/test/testdir/Mail/inbox/,11: No such file
or directory

   ./test/mhfixmsg/test-mhfixmsg: test failed, outputs are in
/big/local/pkg/nmh/nmh-1.7/test/testdir/Mail/inbox/,11 and
/big/local/pkg/nmh/nmh-1.7/test/testdir/Mail/inbox/11.original.
   first named test failure: with no options:  checks backup
   FAIL: test/mhfixmsg/test-mhfixmsg

and

   diff: /big/local/pkg/nmh/nmh-1.7/test/testdir/Mail/inbox/,21: No such file
or directory

   ./test/mhfixmsg/test-mhfixmsg: test failed, outputs are in
/big/local/pkg/nmh/nmh-1.7/test/testdir/Mail/inbox/22 and
/big/local/pkg/nmh/nmh-1.7/test/testdir/Mail/inbox/,21.
   first named test failure: -normmproc
   FAIL: test/mhfixmsg/test-mhfixmsg

You may have fixed these already, but I figured I should mention them just
in case.

>>    ./test/mhfixmsg/test-mhfixmsg: test failed, outputs are in
>>        /big/local/pkg/nmh/nmh-1.7/test/testdir/Mail/inbox/31 and
>>        /big/local/pkg/nmh/nmh-1.7/test/testdir/test-mhfixmsg2494.actual.
>>    first named test failure: pass through message with relative folder
>>        path with parse error
>>    FAIL: test/mhfixmsg/test-mhfixmsg
>>
>> Is this something I can safely ignore?
>
>Well, if you don't use mhfixmsg, then probably.  :-)

Excellent point. :-)

This is where I admit that until yesterday I hadn't know that mhfixmsg
existed.  Now I see it was also included in 1.6, which I've been using
for over three years, but I must not have read the release notes for it
carefully enough.

Now that I know, I'll probably start using it in future.

     - Steven
Steven Winikoff                |
Concordia University           | "The Universe is not only stranger than
Montreal, QC, Canada           |  we imagine; it is stranger than we can
address@hidden   |  imagine."