Re: [Nmh-workers] I did something wrong with replcomps

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] I did something wrong with replcomps
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:57:39 -0500

Ken wrote:

> Oh, duh, you're right.  When I rototilled that code, I was just copying
> the things around it (like "to" and "cc" above it) and I didn't really think
> that fcc should have been treated differently.  I see your point; it's
> completely broken now! (Unless you get a message that happens to HAVE
> a Fcc: header).  So yes, please fix that!  Unless you want me to fix it,
> since I broke it originally.  I think your supplied code is correct.

It isn't.  Unfortunately, that code is reached after fmt_compile()
is called, so it has no effect on the fmt_scan().

The same thing can happen with the -to, -cc, -from, and -subject
switches:  if the format file doesn't contain the respective
component, the switch will be silently ignored.  It can happen with
comp, dist, forw, and repl, for those switches that each program
supports.

I was thinking of documenting it.  But maybe the man pages suggest
it already, by the way they refer to the default message templates
and default values?