Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

From: Laura Creighton
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 20:52:57 +0200

In a message of Sun, 25 Sep 2016 12:57:19 -0400, David Levine writes:

>How about this, in nmh(7) and the output from install-mh(1):
>
>BUGS
>   Send bug reports, questions, suggestions, and patches to nmh-
>   address@hidden  That mailing list is relatively quiet, so user
>   questions are encouraged.  Users are also encouraged to subscribe.
>
>   If problems are encountered with an nmh program, they should be
>   reported to the local maintainers of nmh, if any, or to the mailing
>   list noted above.  When doing this, the name of the program should be
>   reported, along with the version information for the program.
>
>   To find out what version of an nmh program is being run, invoke the
>   program with the -version switch.  This prints the version of nmh, the
>   host it was compiled on, and the date the program was linked.
>
>   New releases and other information of potential interest are announced
>   at http://www.nongnu.org/nmh/ .

This looks good to me.

>> This is one place where I would like a link to documentation, at some
>> master site, (so you can read it even if the docs never made it to
>> where they are supposed to be for your distro.)
>
>Unfortunately, there isn't such a site.  If the man pages didn't get
>installed, that's a packaging problem.  Modern nmh should be easier for
>packagers to deal with than older versions.

Ah, I was talking about the case where there is a man page, but no
user documentation.  Lots of places I go don't install the documentation
everywhere, just some places.

If we have a git page, and this for browsing the source
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nmh.git

then we ought to find it easy to make the docs as git-browsable as
the code, no?

Laura