Re: [Nmh-workers] Sharing MH files across computers

From: Alexander Zangerl
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Sharing MH files across computers
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 13:21:27 +1000

On Thu, 01 Sep 2016 19:49:41 +0000, Thomas Levine writes:
>Are there any very good ways of using mail between two computers?

maybe not 'very good' but 'works for me': a few years ago i programmed
a more or less mh-specific bidirectional sync tool (in perl,
uses ssh and sshfs, gpl).

my primary use case is having both lapdog and main desktop get inbound
email, and me sending from either device. every few days mhsync brings
them back into sync. it hasn't eaten or lost any emails in 5+ years
of use, but certainly could be improved on (e.g. it's not very smart
about sequences).

it's available here: http://snafu.priv.at/mystuff/mhsync.html

regards
az