Re: [Nmh-workers] dot locking broken?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] dot locking broken?
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 13:02:35 -0500

>Which actually lead me to another thought: maybe we should
>at least _respect_ dot lock (i.e. do not allow writing to a dotlocked
>file) but create dot lock only if that particular locking is
>requested.

That might be a bit architecturally hard.  Personally, I am not sure about
doing that; the locking code is already pretty complicated (witness the bugs
you found) and I am reluctant to add more complexity.  Since the locking
can be configured at runtime, it's easy for a user to fix it if it is wrong.