Re: [Nmh-workers] dot locking broken?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] dot locking broken?
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 00:46:34 -0500

>First, looks like that MAILGROUP=1 does not
>get set in the config.h because we no longer
>use "LOCKTYPE" configure variable.
>This way "inc" is also not installed setgid mail.
>
>This is fixed by:
>[...]

Thanks, yeah, that is wrong.  Me (or someone else) will apply this fix,
and the others.  I don't think many people use local spool files combined
with dot locking, so this code path doesn't get much love.

>I think that when m_mktemp() fails we should fail with
>adios(), since there is no way things get magically
>better by waiting.
>
>Preliminary patch for mmh: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.mmh/31

I will have to think about that; just doing that for all callers of m_mktemp()
might be bad since it might cause the wrong code to be set for things like
rcvstore (I should check that).

>I was also wondering if we should give the user
>to abort waiting for a lock with ^C.

Hm, I thought that worked already.  I'll look at that as well.