Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a c

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 10:49:46 -0800

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> writes:
(Half a year ago)

>I've thought about the nmh target audience ... I guess my thinking is the
>ideal nmh user be programmers who want a flexible MUA that can make use of
>many of the features of the Unix command line.

Have your ambitions changed in the intervening six months? Specifically, do
you believe that nmh is now a "flexible MUA" for a user who does not know MIME
and does not have access to somebody who knows both nmh and MIME. Or that such
a MUA is even possible, in 2014?

>I'd still like a user be able to walk up to a nmh installation and the basic
>commands be useful without any configuration, though.

But is such a user better off wih nmh or with some GUI based MUA?

    Norman Shapiro