Re: [Nmh-workers] Trying, and failing, to install the optional replyfilt

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Trying, and failing, to install the optional replyfilter
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 18:14:55 -0400

Ken wrote:

> >Also, I had to use yum to install several non-standard perl modules.
>
> Well, there's no standard as to what's standard ... those modules
> all ship with the system-supplied perl here.  The other comments
> about the problems gettng it running are well taken; clearly there
> are some documentation gaps.
>
> >>Ken, is there a way to simplify this? Maybe provide a
> >>mhl.replyfilterc in etc and move replyfilter to lib? Then the
> >>script could suggest just this one step:
>
> Sigh; that would give us a perl dependency; I wasn't really ready
> for that just yet.

Just to note that rpm and yum are ready.  rpm digs into perl
code, figures out dependencies, and embeds the info in the rpm:

    $ make rpm auxexec_SCRIPTS="uip/spost docs/contrib/replyfilter"
    $ rpm -qRp RPM/RPMS/x86_64/nmh-1.6+dev-1.fc20.x86_64.rpm | grep perl
    /usr/bin/perl
    perl(Encode)
    perl(MIME::Base64)
    perl(MIME::Head)
    perl(MIME::QuotedPrint)
    perl(Mail::Field)

And it checks those dependencies when preparing to install.
yum happily installs them.