Re: [Nmh-workers] New mh-mime(7) man page

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] New mh-mime(7) man page
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 11:23:20 +0000

Hi Lyndon,

> >    SEE ALSO
> >        nmh(7), mhbuild(1), comp(1), repl(1), whatnow(1), mh-format(5)
> >
> > Missing full stop.
>
> It has never been the convention to include a period on the end of a
> SEE ALSO list of that type.

I did go and check first.

    $ curl -sS http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/7thEdMan/vol1/man1.bun |
    > grep -m1 -A2 'SEE ALSO'
    -.SH "SEE ALSO"
    -init(8), login(1), utmp(5).
    //GO.SYSIN DD ac.1m
    $

But if I keep looking through there then I see it's more an exception
than the rule.  I wonder why.  It's English, after all.  And there are
SEE ALSOs in that bundle that mix lists with prose, and they have full
stops too.  It just seems to be dropped in the simplest case most of
the time.

Me, I'd put it in.  It's English.  :-)