Re: [Nmh-workers] Should I learn nmh or GNU mailutils?

From: Earl Hood
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Should I learn nmh or GNU mailutils?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 14:18:13 -0600

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM, otahler wrote:

> I knew already that Sylpheed/Claws Mail used the MH system, as they are
> sitting on top of it. But now I was bit suprised to hear that they are just
> a GUI, because I thought of them as much more than a GUI. Just out of
> curiosity: do Sylpheed/Claw Mail use the original MH programs as backend, or
> did they write their own implementation of MH?

I used Sylpheed briefly years ago, and I was under the impression that
is was the later.  It recognized MH folders, but it did not leverage the
underlying commands for it.  Maybe things have changed since then.

IIRC, I used Sylpheed at the time to deal with encrypted and signed
mail, something MH/nmh does not support directly.

--ewh