[Nmh-workers] Should I learn nmh or GNU mailutils?

From: otahler
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Should I learn nmh or GNU mailutils?
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 23:05:57 +0100

Hi
I have decided to learn the MH system and use it for all my (non-professional) email needs. From what I understand, there are two different modern-day incarnations of MH: nmh and GNU mailutils. I need your advice because I can't make up my mind on which to choose. Since I have to learn from scratch, and it will entail some serious investment of time, I would like to be sure I make the right choice.

My criteria for choosing eventually boil down to:
(1) which of the two projects provides better support to the user (community, docs, etc)?
(2) which is easier to learn and manage?

My needs are fairly simple, so I am not even considering the specific features offered by each project. I am sure that both projects can fully provide what I need, and much more.
Can you help me in making a decision?

Thanks

Otto Tahler