Re: [Nmh-workers] Message-IDs and Content-IDs

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Message-IDs and Content-IDs
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 19:46:28 -0400

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> writes:
>> What still doesn't have /dev/random, and what does software do to compensate?

> I'm only mentioning this because we got recent bug reports about
> things not working right because of a buggy snprintf() on an ancient
> HPUX box.  Does the ancient HPUX box in question have /dev/random?  Good
> question; dunno.

That was mine, and no it doesn't have /dev/random.  But, as I said
earlier, I'd prefer to opt-out of this whole cryptographic host part
concept anyway.  I think as long as you provide an option to still use
the regular host name for message IDs, people who don't have /dev/random
have an escape.

                        regards, tom lane