[Nmh-workers] Feedback: remove LOCALE ifdefs?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Feedback: remove LOCALE ifdefs?
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 22:57:56 -0400

Right now we have an autoconf feature that turns off locale support if
the user asks to; the default is to leave it turned out.  There is no
other tests for it, so unless you've been configuring with --disable-locale
you've been running with it turned on.

This code does two main things: calls setlocale() at the beginning of
every program and uses the isspace()/iscntrl() functions in the appropriate
places.  I can't think of a reason why you'd want to turn this off, so
I am proposing that this code simply get removed and locale support is
always on.  Comments?

As an aside ... I ran into this when working on adding multibyte support
to cpstripped().  But in doing that I've come to realize that fixing it
"right" is more code than I can justify as a bug fix this late in the 1.5
release cycle, so multibyte support in cpstripped() will NOT be in 1.5.