Re: [Nmh-workers] Feedback: remove LOCALE ifdefs?

From: valdis . kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Feedback: remove LOCALE ifdefs?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 13:11:58 -0400

On Fri, 25 May 2012 22:57:56 -0400, Ken Hornstein said:
> This code does two main things: calls setlocale() at the beginning of
> every program and uses the isspace()/iscntrl() functions in the appropriate
> places.  I can't think of a reason why you'd want to turn this off, so
> I am proposing that this code simply get removed and locale support is
> always on.  Comments?

As long as we're looking at that code, we probably want to do an audit to make
sure that we aren't using isspace() anyplace to detect rfc822 ascii-ish
'whitespace'.  I've seen the hilarity that ensues when the mail system at one
end thinks that a 'non-breaking space' is whitespace and the system at the
other end isn't convinced...

Of course, that code would already be broken in most cases, because most of us
build with LOCALE.