Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 22:29:00 -0500

>MIME breaks this.  If all textual parts were stored in UTF-8 on disk
>things would improve once again.  Perhaps even a mail/inbox/42 for a
>UTF-8 summary of the email, headers and the body laid out as text where
>possible, and a mail/inbox/42/... with the headers and each part as a
>separate file, including sub-directories where needed, e.g.
>~/mail/inbox/42/foo.png exists.  Plan 9 had something along these lines.
>http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/4/upasfs

I thought about breaking up the MIME parts, but I decided that the
problem with that was that I believe there is value to still having the
original message around.  As for something like upasfs ... well, my
answer to that is simple: have at it, my friend!  If you want to make
a branch on the nmh git repo, be my guest.