[Nmh-workers] addtoseq, bug 4301 (was Re: Sequences implementation)

From: Oliver Kiddle
Subject: [Nmh-workers] addtoseq, bug 4301 (was Re: Sequences implementation)
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:52:26 +0100

Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> Yes, I'm hitting it daily and having to work around it.  Given the
> increase in space and time of computing resources, it's now practical to
> have +inbox containing thousands of emails and have a script that picks
> them into many different sequences in reasonable time instead of having
> many different folders.

That reminds me, would it be useful to integrate the patch attached to
bug #4301 which re-enables the addtoseq function for mh-format? Would
anyone use it?

To me it seems a bit strange for scan to have side effects but it'd be
useful to be able to use the mh-format language for filtering messages
into sequences.

Oliver