Re: [Nmh-workers] things still to fix for this release?

From: pmaydell
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] things still to fix for this release?
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:42:31 +0000

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
>There is also the factor that the install target really ought to depend
>on nmh having actually been built because otherwise it fails. That's why
>I suggested making it depend on all.

On reflection, I think you're right.

> Trouble is that "all" recursively
>descends the directories so it may not be the best choice.

It takes less than a second to do 'make all' when there's nothing to do
on my system (which isn't a speed demon by any stretch), so I don't think
it's a big deal.

(As it happens, I'm not a fan of recursive make at all (see the classic
'Recursive make considered harmful' paper at
http://www.pcug.org.au/~millerp/rmch/recu-make-cons-harm.html [PDF]).
But that's definitely a post-1.2 argument.)

-- PMM