[Nel] STLport problems...

From: Eric Kervina
Subject: [Nel] STLport problems...
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:05:28 -0400

I'm trying to compile NeL using VC++6.0. At first, I tried using WPKG-Sync,
as suggested on wikinel which seemed to work except I was getting an error
related to jpeglib.h not being found, as well as a host of warnings related
to STL (the "truncated at 255 characters" ones).

I located jpeglib.h, jconfig.h and jmoreconfig.h and made sure VC knew where
to find them. Solved that problem. No errors, still a bunch of STL warnings.

I searched the mailing list archives and found out that I needed to do a
"make clean all" (well, "nmake clean all," anyway) on STLport because
WPKG-Sync grabs a full set of STLport, including the debug stuff. I did
that, then "nmake install," and, lo and behold, I still get a debug DLL.
Pointing it at the stlport directory results in the same old warnings. (Yes,
I removed the STLport tree that WPKG-Sync had built and removed the
references to it before doing the (not so) clean make.)

Since "nmake clean all" doesn't seem to be working, does anybody have any
suggestions on how to get a release version without the debug stuff? Or am I
just doing something stupid?

Thanks,
  Eric