Re: [Nel] Game Rules

From: x5101920
Subject: Re: [Nel] Game Rules
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 00:27:03 +0200 (MET DST)

Mensaje citado por: John Cosby <address@hidden>:

> I've been observing for a bit, and feel a need to jump in here.
>
> In many jurisdictions (America and England that I know of), the rules of
> game cannot be copyrighted.  Specific presentation, game boards, pieces,
> etc. may by trademarked and copyrighted, but the rules that define
> gameplay
> cannot.

I am not a lawer... But you say "the rules of a game cannot be copyrighted."
Let's suppose that my computer is a game, k?
So my programs are the rule to play/use the game... so following that logic,
they can't be copyright, so all that EULA as just shit :)

I have heard that what you can copyright is the style of play, for example you
can copy right D&D, you can copyright the Critical Hit table, but you can't
copy
right the method of throwing a dice to resolve action. :)

Anyway, with all that shit about patents, i think that you will be able to
patent it to. :-(

                  Miguel Angel Blanch Lardin

nuclear cia fbi spy password code encrypt president bomb iran irak korea cuba
Ala yihad mosad kgb free freedom human rights yugoslavia kosovo ebola dna

                    -- Echelon must die --