nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 21:09:27 +0200

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016, at 11:42, Faissal Bensefia wrote:
> I've attached a new patch, I've removed the extra spacing and COLS -
> margin is now calculated in two places, instead everywhere else uses the
> variable editwincols so we aren't recalculating every time.

Good, thanks.  I think, though, that setting editwincols needs to
be outside of the "#ifdef REDEFINING_MACROS_OK", and it should
probably be initialized to COLS instead of to -1.

Some more things could be wrapped in "#ifdef ENABLE_LINENUMBERS".
The definition on intlen(), for example.  And the two last_ variables.

> I'll wait on
> you to tell me what we're doing about the bar vs color vs nothing etc.

A version with the line-number bar in reverse video would be nice.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Does exactly what it says on the tin