nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering

From: Faissal Bensefia
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:42:57 +0100

On 12/10/16 13:10, Benno Schulenberg wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 13:59, Faissal Bensefia wrote:
>> I'm assuming we're going without the separator line then?
>
> No, I'm not sure yet.  I've asked the opinion of someone
> who requested line numbers a while ago.  And I'm waiting
> for the input of others on this list.  But... when not
> using a color, a separator line is probably better than
> just a space -- but I had to see it to be able to decide
> that.  :)
>
>> Also, when it
>> comes to color, is there a system for UI colors?
>
> No.
>
>> Or are you referring to something like A_REVERSE?
>
> No.  I was thinking of something like magenta.
>
> Benno

I've attached a new patch, I've removed the extra spacing and COLS -
margin is now calculated in two places, instead everywhere else uses the
variable editwincols so we aren't recalculating every time. I'll wait on
you to tell me what we're doing about the bar vs color vs nothing etc.

~Faissal Bensefia