nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] proposal to make word jumping work in nano tiny

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] proposal to make word jumping work in nano tiny
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 21:10:07 +0200

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016, at 12:32, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> So I propose to make Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right work also when nano
> is configured with --enable-tiny.  And while at it, also Ctrl+Up
> and Ctrl+Down, because it doesn't cost much code, and the Search
> Again command, and case-sensitive and backward searches.

The attached patch achieves this.  Strangely, before the patch,
a stripped tiny binary is 59220 bytes, and after the patch 59236.
All the extra functionality comes in just sixteen bytes.  Huh?

> Any objections to this?  Or wishes for other things to be included
> in tiny too?

Jordi?  Since Debian seems to be the main user of tiny,
okay to apply?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access your email from home and the web