nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] warning the user that some keys cannot be rebound

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] warning the user that some keys cannot be rebound
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 20:54:37 +0200

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016, at 11:57, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Rishabh Dave <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Attached patch checks if there are more than 2 characters (in key to
> > be rebound i.e. variable keycopy in code) and if so rejects it with
> > the message (same as earlier).

And what about M-A, or F12, for example?  They are valid, but more
than two characters.

You have become hasty again.  It is better to sit on your patch for
a day, and think about it.  And... /test/ it extensively.  Try it
with every valid and invalid rebinding you can think of.

> Further if we add the line unbind M-Space all in rcfile, ctrl-right
> arrow and ctrl-left arrow fire same function do_next_word.

??  I don't see that here.  How could that possibly happen?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Accessible with your email software
                          or over the web