nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] segmentation fault when trying to browse to an inaccess

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] segmentation fault when trying to browse to an inaccessible directory
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 10:29:57 +0200

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016, at 16:32, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 4:35 PM, Benno Schulenberg
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > So we move that opendir() to the beginning of the loop, as in the
> > second attached patch.  This is just a first try; I don't know how
> > it behaves in other silly situations, but for an inaccessible dir,
> > it does what I want.  So, test it, and tell me what is wrong with it.
>
> Did that. There was some issue with the refresh but it required only
> one statement to fix it. Patch is attached.

Thanks.  But... what happens if the opendir() fails and returns NULL?
It will show an error message and then just go on to read_the_list(),
which will fail.  Further improved version is attached.

What else can go wrong?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Email service worth paying for. Try it for free