nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] segmentation fault when trying to browse to an inaccess

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] segmentation fault when trying to browse to an inaccessible directory
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 10:55:06 +0200

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016, at 11:01, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> I agree on pausing and returning but, personally, I find the error
> message we already have too general. "Cannot enter directory: %s"
> confuses user as he didn't yet think of entering a directory.

Okay.  Now slightly modified.

> Patch is attached.

First: why set path before checking for filelist being null?  If the latter
is null, setting path is superfluous.  Second: there is no need to beep(),
statusline(ALERT) already does that.  Third: isn't there something that
needs to be freed before returning?

Updated patch is attached.  I also moved back a setting of present_name
to where it was, as it makes slightly more sense there.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
                          love email again