nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] prompt reappears at the wrong place when exiting nano

From: Martin Olsson
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] prompt reappears at the wrong place when exiting nano
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:54:37 -0800

Is there any special reason why this has not been fixed? Holding down enter for a while is not a long-term solution for me, hehe.

regards,
martin

David Benbennick wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:43:19 -0800, Martin Olsson <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering about this bug-like thing that happens with nano on some
machines I use. Let's say I type "clear", "ls -al" and then "nano
somefile.txt". Now later when I exit nano one of two things happen.

1. the console screen reappears with the prompt right below the line
where I typed "nano somefile.txt"

2. the console screen reappears with the prompt somewhere in the middle
of the old "ls -al" output

Is it a nano problem or a shell problem? How can I fix this?

It's a Nano problem.  The same thing happens when you suspend with control-Z.

A workaround is to have the cursor at the last line of the window
before launching Nano.  Just hold down Enter for a while...  (And
don't change the window height while Nano is running!)