nano-devel

Re: FIXED !!! Re: [Nano-devel] nano won't make

From: Ken Tyler
Subject: Re: FIXED !!! Re: [Nano-devel] nano won't make
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:48:07 +1100

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Jordi Mallach wrote:

> Ah, that explains, as the macros you were missing are provided by other
> packages (gettext, glib, etc) and if you have those installed with
> packages, they must be living in /usr/share, not /usr/local. It's a
> known automake bug: see http://bugs.debian.org/98825:
>   * #98825: aclocal: Should look for macros in /usr/local/share/aclocal

> Due to this limitation, if you install things from packages and other
> things from source, some macros may end in the "incorrect" directory,
> and currently automake will ignore them. A solution for you could be
> installing autoconf & automake from packages, not from sources. What OS
> are you using?

Hi,

OS is Linux on PPC.  I don't know where things went wrong, everything was
built from tars - autoconf was built from the tar out of a src.rpm, maybe
that was the problem. I thought aclocal installed all what it needed and
in the right place.

My stystem has been running for years without a Windows style reformat and
install from the begining ;). I've added, deleted and updated bits from
rpms, src.rpms, tars and debs using alien, so it's probably a bit of a
mess.

But it's OK (for) now...

Ken.