myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment slides from NETTAB in Sicily

From: Duncan Hull
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment slides from NETTAB in Sicily
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:38:49 +0100

Hello

Just a quick note to say myExperiment has been well received at http://www.nettab.org/2009 here in Italy.

I've put the a link to the slides from the keynote on the wiki news page
http://www.slideshare.net/dullhunk/myexperiment-nettab

There was lots of positive feedback (comments and questions), and people enjoyed the live demo

Paolo Romano has invited us (me and/or another myexperimenter) back to do tutorials / demos etc next year and in the future...

Someone asked
OpenID vs. Public Key Infrastructure?

Also:
what proportion of workflows are under which licenses
(can we pull these out with a SPARQL query?)

Alex Bateman from the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute commented on the pioneering nature of the myexperiment project... there are lots of interesting parallels between what he is doing with the Rfam wiki project and myexperiment - more on this later...

I'm off for wine and pizza with the Italian mafia but hopefully won't be "sleeping with the fishes" tonight...

Grazie and ciao

Duncan

---
http://duncan.hull.name