myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] OpenID, myExpeirment and WHIP

From: Danius Michaelides
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] OpenID, myExpeirment and WHIP
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:48:00 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009, Duncan Hull wrote:

Hello

Three questions about myExperiment which have arisen from getting ready for NETTAB.

1. Do we have any stats on the proportion of users who sign in using OpenID vs. the proportion that don't?

Looking at the logs for 1st jan -> 31st may, it looks like 84% of logins
where with username and password and 16% with openid. We have openid urls
for 31% of the activated users. This isnt the complete picture tho, because
it doesnt take into account eg a frequent user using open id alot. I'll try
and work out which method each user tends to use, but its slightly tricky
because of the way the openid protocol works (or rather how it shows up in
the logs).

Danius