muddleftpd-users

Re: [Muddleftpd-users] features, ideas, etc

From: Joerg Jaspert
Subject: Re: [Muddleftpd-users] features, ideas, etc
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:46:05 +0200

Oskar Liljeblad <address@hidden> writes:

>   Immediate transfer rate changing

Task added.

>   Translate/escape certain characters in log files

That should be done in 1.3.12.1 and current CVS.
\r and \n is translated to a space there. (In the version of the patch
i made it was a \T IIRC).
It maybe better in the long term to change it to not accept such a
input and fail if it happens but to translate it to spaces is good too. :)

>   Files with non-printable characters cannot be CD'd to
>     Muddleftpd strips all non-printable characters from
>     user commands, therefore it is possible to list these
>     directories/files but not CDing to/downloading them.
>     One solution would be to have muddleftpd use the current
>     locale and use isprint. But I think a better solution
>     would be to simply strip nothing.

Strip nothing is bad. Leads to the Translate/escape...." above.
We want to be sure that everything muddleftpd does is secure, so we
need to inspect the data we get from the user.

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!