Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone tests failing under Debian automated build

From: Francis Russell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone tests failing under Debian automated building
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:04:52 +0100

On 24.04.2012 15:29, Ludovic Brenta wrote:

The plus sign must be percent-encoded as %2B in the URI:

mtn pull -d mtn.db "file:///tmp/mtn%2B2.db?*"

I don't think this is a requirement though, looking at RFC3986, "+" is a reserved character, protected from percent encoding and "therefore safe to be used by scheme-specific and producer-specific algorithms for delimiting data subcomponents within a URI." So, + only needs to be percent encoded if it otherwise has a special meaning in the file:// scheme. Since + doesn't I don't believe it needs to appear in an escaped form.

Francis