Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::runtime_error: sqlite exec error column

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::runtime_error: sqlite exec error column id is not unique
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:16:03 -0700

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 11:25:08AM +0200, R.J.J.H. van Son wrote:
> L.S.,
>
> I was setting up a monotone repository (first time) and encoutered the
> following error messages (see below) which told me to email this address.
>
> It seems that I can sync computer 'wesseling' with computer 'fonpc18'.
> However, I get this error when I try to sync 'fonpc18' (or 'wesseling'
> itself) with 'wesseling'.

Thanks for the bug report.  The problem seems to be that you have two
different keys that have the same name -- monotone doesn't let you,
for instance, have both a key named "address@hidden", and _another_ key named
"address@hidden", for security reasons.  You should probably remove one of
the keys (using dropkey).

It looks like we could have a friendlier error message here, though
:-).

  /* Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
   * reaper of innocent orphaned children.
   */
-- Linux kernel 2.4.5, main.c