Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone win32

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone win32
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:08:08 +1200

At 2005-04-16T09:21:23+0100, Joel Crisp wrote:
> I use the win32 version of monotone, and I can't seem to get the server
> working.

Which version?  I'm assuming you're using the 0.18 release binaries for
Win32 that are available from venge.net...

> When I run the server it appears to start fine, and the listening port
> appears in netstat, but after that any attempt to connect to the port
> using either telnet (fails to connect) or monotone (hangs) doesn't
> work.

It works fine for me, both under Cygwin and using the NT shell (not that
it should matter which you're using).

What's the exact set of arguments you're launching the monotone server
with?

Is the monotone server logging anything during the connection attempts?
How about if you run with --debug?

> Does anyone else have any ideas?

Do you have any firewall software enabled?  It would be useful to know
the exact version of your operating system as well as any other relevant
machine-specific configuration details.

Cheers,
-mjg
--