Re: [Monotone-devel] Hash collisions resiliency

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Hash collisions resiliency
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:09:07 +0200

tekHedd wrote:
Jon Bright wrote:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree - I do consider them
unjustified.  I'm surprised that statisticians don't see this the same way.

Professional statisticians couldn't possibly be right, because they
disagree with you?

There's not "right" and "wrong" here. There's just "what you consider being something worth thinking about" and "what you consider so wildly unlikely as to not be worth more than 3 seconds of your time".

I'm surprised if (as you claim) professional statisticians place these issues in the first category.

(Heck, never mind...I didn't REALLY want to hear, again, how unlikely a
key collision is relative to, say, the earth crashing into the sun this
tuesday.)

I still don't think you've understood it, but Nathaniel seems to have satisfied your (really rather inane) queries.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.