Re: [Monotone-devel] Better bug report: importing a CVS repository

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Better bug report: importing a CVS repository
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:17:38 +0200

Hi Daniel,

Daniel M. German wrote:

I have a better bug report. Here is a "micro" CVS repository which
causes the error. It contains only 1 file with 2 revisions. And the
sequence of errors that cause it.

Thanks for the report!

monotone --debug --db=~/cvs.repo/rip.db --branch=import.courses cvs_import
/home/dmg/cvs.repo/temp > /tmp/monotone.out 2> /tmp/monotone.err

This should in fact be:

monotone [...] cvs_import /home/dmg/cvs.repo/temp/courses

i.e. importing the module, not the entire CVS repository. Nathaniel's added a check for importing the entire repository to the current head. Running the modified command with the current head works. I'm not sure if this is a case caught by my fixes yesterday, or if it's an effect of not importing the repository.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.