Re: [Monotone-devel] change_set.cc:140: invariant 'I(deltas.find(path) =

From: Emile Snyder
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] change_set.cc:140: invariant 'I(deltas.find(path) ==deltas.end()) ' violated
Date: 08 Apr 2005 13:44:48 -0700

After further poking, this is a case where the cvs_import logic of
trying to collapse close-in-time commits with the same author and log
message bites you.

The file in question has a series of commits by me close together in
time.  Two of them have the same commit message.  Apparently the
cvs_import collapses them while building up it's view of the cvs
repository state, but when it comes time to record the monotone info it
notices that the same file is going to 2 different targets in the "same
commit" and barfs.

I haven't figured out how to get it to notice that it's collapsing two
commits to the same file yet ;)

thanks,
-emile

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 11:13, Emile Snyder wrote:
> I also ran into this assert.  I've stripped a copy of the cvs root I was
> trying to import down to a single file which still generates this
> error.
>
> Anyone interested in debugging, please find the tarred gzipped directory
> attached.  I get the assert with both the stock 0.17 release and with
> e459f349 (head of net.venge.monotone as of yesterday) when I do:
>
> tar -zxf cvsrootbuggyimport.tar.gz
> montone --db=foo.db db init
> monotone --db=foo.db genkey address@hidden
> monotone --db=foo.db --branch=foo cvs_import ./cvsrootbuggyimport/
>
> thanks,
> -emile

Base 8 is just like base 10, if you are missing two fingers. - Tom
Lehrer