[Monotone-devel] "monotone list unknown" fails

From: Kevin Greiner
Subject: [Monotone-devel] "monotone list unknown" fails
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 20:07:01 -0400

I sent the following email about 6 hours ago but it still hasn't shown up on the list. My apologies if it shows up twice.

I'm working on "vendor branches" and have encountered a specific error that feels like a bug. I think I'm seeing the same problem reported here http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2005-02/msg00061.html but as that question didn't get a response, I don't know if this is acceptable behavior or not.

Given a working copy with a deleted directory (as well as a number of other changes), I need to drop the missing files and directories prior to adding the unknown ones. (For a complete script to recreate this issue, see the archived message referenced above.) In the following message, the bar directory was deleted in the working copy using a filesystem delete but "monotone drop" hadn't yet been run. Here is the message.

>monotone list unknown
monotone: misuse: file disappeared but exists in new manifest: src/foo/bar/bang.c

Is this generally understood and correct behavior?

Thanks again for everyone's help.