Re: [Monotone-devel] your software asked me to send this :) crash report

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] your software asked me to send this :) crash report
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:33:49 -0700

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 12:16:05AM +0200, Peter Gervai wrote:
> $ monotone --db=monotone.db  pull off.net net.venge.monotone
[...]
> monotone: [bytes in: 11265912] [bytes out: 561823] [certs in: 6020] [revs in:
> 2196]
> monotone: verifying new revisions (this may take a while)
> monotone: fatal: signal: memory access violation

...I've never heard of 0.17 netsync having this kind of problem.
Would it be possible to get a stack trace?

$ gdb monotone
(gdb) set args --db=monotone.db pull off.net net.venge.monotone
(gdb) run
<wait for it to hit the memory access violation>
(gdb) bt

Unfortunately may not be very useful with the non-debugging binary
from your package... if you could recompile with debugging that would
be especially cool, but I know that might be a lot to ask :-).

If that doesn't work, the output when passing --debug would be useful.
(In fact, it would be useful in any case.)

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen