[Monotone-devel] Re: naughty merge tool

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: naughty merge tool
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:52:30 -0500

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
I've just noticed that there's some minor corruption in monotone's
ChangeLog; in particular, "Wojciech Mi<non-ascii>kowski" is having his
name gradually changed by the insertion of more non-ascii bytes.  My
best guess right now as to the cause is that some external merge tool
is not playing nice with utf-8.

I must admit, I was secretly thrilled to get Wojciech's contribution because it gave me an excuse to test out "what goes wrong when we stray beyond ASCII" in a file which isn't going to cause much grief if it goes wrong.

-graydon